Why Khrushchev famously wielded a shoe at the UN
Professor Ludmilla Selezneva on the incident at the UN Assembly where Nikita Khrushchev, a leader of the Soviet Union, waved his shoe.
- Speculation around ‘the incident’.
- What really happened at the meeting and why the Soviet leader was so angry
- The Political agenda of 1960: Decolonization and the Hungarian revolt
- How Khrushchev’s shoe came to be on his desk
- Khrushchev and his ‘peaceful coexistence’ policy
Liked the video? Please share your comment
Thank you for this wonderful lecture. It is wonderful to hear Ludmilla again!!
Thank you for the many evenings of conversation. Always a pleasure.
There is one thing one can’t deny – Khrushchev had a charisma!